Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Swimming, swimming, swimming

I've got to admit- I'm kinda proud of me.

I went swimming!  And it was fun! AND- I was bummed to leave.  My poor boyfriend decided swimming with an ear infection was a good idea, and after his initial set of strokes, he got a shit ton of water behind the ear, had some bad vertigo, and general pain.  He held in there, and did some head up swimming (eeeew), but eventually he needed to go.  I only ended up swimming for about half an hour or so, but it was fun, and when I wasn't able to make it yesterday, I was genuinely bummed.

It's on the schedule for Thursday, and I'm super psyched!

Additionally- down like 8 lbs! Wewt!  My biggest slip up this week was drinking a "superdrink" of my boyfriends, and it had like 36 carbs in the whole bottle- luckily I broke it up over like 4 days.  Still, it's a silly place to use up my carbs..I'd rather save it for alcohol.  :D  I'm a grad student, I'm allowed.

I made some keto naan bread that is based on the "whoopsie" bread recipe...it was okay.  It was chewy, and a bit too dense to be naan.  I had it with a slow cooker chicken tikka (I totally cheated and used Trader Joe's masala simmer sauce, instead of my full-blow homemade sauce, marinated chicken), it was okaaaaaay.  My full blown version is way better, but, again.  I'm a grad student, I didn't have time to cook.  I also had cauliflower rice, sauted in some butter, I think that was the best part.

Have a fabulous day, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment