Thursday, October 8, 2015

I told ya!

So...I was totally right.

If I remember properly, I dicked around on the computer and did not go for my walk.  I didn't go for many walks this summer.  My bestest buddy boy, Captain (my 2 year old Golden Retriever), ended up having surgery this summer, and was laid up...and I was honestly pretty freaking lazy.

It ended up being a really...weird summer, but I'm super excited that class has started up again.  I used a pre-quarter trip home to California as a reset on some diet and exercise habits, and I am excited to come back to my blog...of 1 post.  :)

So, I have restarted my ketogenic diet- no carbs for me.  At this point, I'm 2 weeks in, and had 1 slip day...it was not a pretty evening, and I have no desire to go back to carbs at this point.  Of course I say this now.  About an hour ago I had a massive craving for sourdough toast with butter.

One nice thing about going back to the keto diet is a renewed interest in bone broths.  I've made 2 batches of beef broth, and currently have chicken stock going in the slow cooker.  The soup, the soup!  It's soooo good!  Last week I made a low-carb zuppa toscana with my homemade beef broth as a base, YUM!

So, my starting weight was 290...and I'm down to 285.  One day at a time.

Speaking of one day!  The boyfriend and I joined a new gym today, complete with a year round pool. One day, a long time ago I was a swimmer.  Swimming is awesome, I like swimming, sometimes I bitch and moan about swimming.  Also looking forward to the weights.  I have a personal trainer meeting tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment